JIAM 2020 OSAKA, organized by the Japan Sewing Machinery Manufacturers Association (JASMA), has announced that it has begun accepting exhibitor applications for its 12th edition of Japan International Apparel Machinery & Textile Industry Trade Show, from May 2018. The show, widely known as JIAM 2020 OSAKA, will be held on 20 – 23 May, 2020 at INTEX OSAKA.
The show, held for the first time in 1984, has been showcasing the latest technologies and innovative new products related to the entire sewing, apparel manufacturing, and textile processing industries.
In its 12th edition, JIAM 2020 has set its exhibition theme as “JIAM 2020, the forefront of the Future technology and Master craftsmanship collaboration”. Many industries are transforming themselves in line with the digitalization of society, by introducing the likes of IoT, big data and artificial intelligence (A.I.). Similarly, JIAM 2020 actively promotes the latest innovative solutions catered to each and every need of the industry, by combining existing skillsets from drastic market changes in the past with the very latest technology. The 2020 edition will be showcasing products, technology and services which combine state of art-technology with master craftsmanship.
- The industry’s must-attend trade fair
- JIAM is one of the world’s leading trade fairs that specializes in sewing equipment industry, and is widely recognized as a key event to attend in Japan and abroad. Major sewing factories and apparel manufacturers are expected to visit the 12th edition of JIAM 2020 in Osaka.
- A platform for cutting edge products, technologies and services
- Many leading Japanese sewing machine manufacturers proceed their R&D activities in order to release their state-of-art technologies, latest products and service solutions at JIAM. In addition, a wide range of products and services in line with the latest trends are available for retailers and supply chains.
- JIAM 2020 is working on attracting exhibitors from new fields
- JIAM is working on attracting more exhibitors from the fields of advanced technologies such as RFID tags, smart factories, robots and automation, artificial intelligence and wearables.
- Prime opportunity to step into Asian and Japanese markets
- 11,590 Japanese and 3,667 visitors from 72 countries and regions, including Bangladesh, China, India, South Korea, Republic of Sri Lanka, Taiwan and Vietnam, attended the last edition of JIAM. This makes the upcoming show yet another opportunity to explore into the Japanese market and surrounding Asian countries.
- Early bird rates and a Special Exhibitor Support Scheme (SESS)
- The SESS is designed to help out both first time exhibitors as well as returning exhibitors wanting to use larger exhibition space at JIAM. Details can be found in the exhibitor brochure. Additionally, early bird participation fees are also available for exhibitors who apply by 31 July 2019.
- Messe Frankfurt Japan Ltd. has been continuously acts as the JIAM Desk
- Messe Frankfurt Japan Ltd provides information and assistance for exhibitors and visitors, support for the venue operation and event planning, as well as inquiry handling. The company, with rich experience in managing, planning and operating international trade shows, is expected to effectively promote JIAM 2020 by utilizing their global network, as well as bringing a synergy effect through Messe Frankfurt’s related shows held in Germany.
- Outline of the fair
- Title: Japan International Apparel Machinery & Textile Industry Trade Show (JIAM 2020 OSAKA)
- Theme: JIAM 2020, the forefront of the Future technology and Master craftsmanship collaboration
- Date: May 20 (Wed.) – 23 (Sat.), 2020 10:00 –17:00 (closes at 16:00 on final day)
- Venue: INTEX OSAKA Halls 4, 5, 6A & 6B
(1-5-102 Nanko-kita, Suminoe-ku, Osaka 559-0034, Japan)
- Organiser: Japan Sewing Machinery Manufacturers Association (JASMA)
- JIAM Desk: Messe Frankfurt Japan Ltd
- Admission Fee: JPY 1,000 (free for pre-registration and invitation)
- Fringe programme:
Special Theme Zone / Seminars / Event stage / Special Events in Home Sewing (Machine) Zone
- Supporters (Planned）:
Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry / Osaka Prefectural Government / Osaka City Government / Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) / The Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry / Osaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Special supporters:
VDMA – Textile care, Fabric and Leather Technologies SPESA – Sewn Products Equipment & Suppliers of the Americas CSMA – China Sewing Machinery Association
- Cooperating Organizations (provisional):
The Japan Machinery Federation / All Nippon Special Sewing Machinery Manufacturer's Association / National Federation of Cooperative Society of Sewing Machine Commerce and Industry / Japan Apparel Fashion Industry Council / Japan Export Clothing Manufacturers Association / Federation of Japan Apparel Sewing Industry Association / Japan Apparel Technology and Research Association / Japan Machinery Center for Trade and Investment / Japan Chemical Fibers Association / Japan Textile Finishers' Association / Japan Automatic identification Systems Association / Kansai Fashion Association / Japan Textile Federation / Japan Knitting Industry Association / Nippon Interior Fabric Association / The Japan Textiles Importers Association / Japan Embroidery Association / Japan Textiles Exporters Association / All Nippon Nonwovens Association / Japan·China Economic Relations and Trade Center
- Organizing partner: Osaka International Business Promotion Center
Planning, Design, CAD / Cutting, Spreading, CAM / Sewing Equipment / Embroidery, Printing, Laser design processing / Finishing, Laundry / Inspection, Testing / Home Sewing / Supplies, Accessories / Fiber, Sewing Products / Weaving, Knitting, Dyeing / Textiles, Fibers, Non-woven Fabrics / Automotive, Aircraft and Aerospace supplies related / Interiors, Furniture, Housing / Fashion Accessories, Household Goods / Sundry Industrial Textiles / IT - Information Technology / Distribution, Logistics / Facilities, Equipment, Environment / Information Services / Others
- Visitor categories: Apparel manufacturer / Sewing industry / Textile manufactures / Textile processing industry / Machine manufacturer and sales industry / Embroidery and printing manufactures and dyeing and finishing industry / Automotive, aircraft and aerospace industry / Cleaning laundry industry / Supplies, accessories / Fashion accessories and household goods dealers / Interior goods manufacturers / Distribution, logistics / Retailers / Specialty store retailer of private label apparel / Trading companies / Governmental agency, association, embassy / Students / Others
The previous edition of JIAM 2016 OSAKA was held from 6 (Wed.) -9 (Sat.) April, 2016 at INTEX OSAKA Halls 2, 3, 4, 5 A&B, and occupied 24,930 sqm. The show attracted 15,257 visitors, including 3,667 overseas visitors from countries such as China, Korea, Taiwan, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam. JIAM 2020 OSAKA will further expand its scale and provide effective opportunities for further business development, by offering an ideal business platform for both exhibitors and visitors.