About these guidelines
We have established these guidelines, based on "Exhibition Industry Guidelines for Preventing the Spread of COVID - 19 Infection" created by the Japan Exhibition Association and "The Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau" "Guidelines for MICE Event Organizers for Infectious Disease Control" in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection during the trade fair period.
In order to take all possible measures for trade fairs, 1.[Infection control measures to be taken by the organizer] 2.[Infection prevention measures to be taken by exhibitors] 3.[Infection control measures addressed to visitors] are specified. We ask that you read these guidelines and to cooperate with infection prevention measures.
These guidelines are as of 19 July, 2022. The content of these guidelines may be reviewed and revised as necessary based upon the advice of experts and changes in infection rates.
Organizers should plan the venue structure and site operation to reduce as far as possible crowding of exhibitors and visitors so as to prevent infection, which are 1）Closed spaces with poor ventilation 2）Crowded places with many people nearby 3）Close-contact setting such as close-range conversations, and publicize the specific measures to the attendees (e.g. exhibitors, visitors, relevant parties, and supporting companies) and make efforts so the attendees would comply thoroughly with the measures.
Request of enforcement of modified basic lifestyle
To prevent infection, we ask that you cooperate with the following basic lifestyle modifications routinely, including during trade fairs.
- Frequent hand washing / sanitizing
- Correct wearing of a mask
- Avoidance of 3 C’s
- Maintenance of a social distance at least 1 meter, preferably 2 meter
- Checking of body temperature and physical condition every morning
Anyone with a temperature of 37.5°C or over, or who is not feeling well, should not come to the venue.
Those who apply to the following conditions on the day of visit to our trade fairs will not be allowed to enter
- Those who are not wearing a mask (* non-woven mask is recommended) correctly at the venue entrance
- Those who do not disinfect their hands with hand sanitizer at the venue entrance
- Those who present with a body temperature of 37.5°C or over
- Those who reject registration of information including personal information at pre-registration or reception at the venue
- Those who have symptoms such as cough, sore throat, or difficulty breathing
- Those who have been infected with COVID-19 and have not passed the medical treatment period specified by the government.
- Those who enter or return from countries/regions designated by the government and are in self-quarantine period, or have had close contact with applicable residents.
- Those who are not feeling well (e.g., abnormal sense of taste or smell, fatigue)
- Request to install the COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA)
The contact-confirming application is a smartphone app that enables you to receive notifications about the possibility of contact with someone infected with COVID-19. This app uses the short-range communication function (Bluetooth) on smartphones upon user approval to receive notifications about the possibility of contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, while ensuring anonymity for your privacy. Users can receive support, such as testing from a public health centre , sooner, by knowing that they might have been in contact with someone who has tested positive. The more users, the more effective it will be in preventing the spread of infection.
For more details, please go to website of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
Please be sure to check the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the latest information on travel restrictions to Japan.
- Please register with the Osaka COVID-19 Tracing System on the day of your visit
For information about the system, please visit the Osaka Prefecture website.
You will need to register for each day of your visit using the QR provided at the venue.